Applications for this position have now closed
Location: Based in our London office, 10 Bloomsbury Way, London WC1A 2SL
To apply send a cover letter stating your interest in this role and a CV should be submitted via email by 10 October 2022 (12:00 BST) to email@example.com
Sovereign Strategy, a London and Brussels-based political strategy and public affairs consultancy, is seeking to appoint an Intern based at its London Office Headquarters. We’re looking for a motivated undergraduate/graduate student to support us in our London office. Candidates should have recently graduated with an interest in the political domain and international affairs. Depending on the university degree and experience, the intern will support a wide range of work streams spanning from global health, fintech, digital currency space and digitalization.
About Sovereign Strategy
Since our foundation in 2000, we have been using considerable hands-on experience and established networks to develop strategies that deliver the best outcomes for our client’s day-to-day operations and the development of their business. We offer a range of consultancy services globally, spanning across the field of global health, financial services, digitalisation, health, health tech and development. We offer bespoke advice to governments across the G20 and to FTSE 100 businesses. With a strong presence in the UK, Europe and the Middle East our experience, high-level global networks and reputation for delivery place us at the forefront of the public affairs industry.
About the Position
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research and synthesize information from different sources such as media, conversations with experts, and academic papers for the client and the line manager.
- Media and political monitoring on the current developments in global health, fintech, digital currency space and digitalization.
- Organizational and technical support to the London offices and realization of approved projects.
- Produce content for the company website, blog and social media accounts.
- Provide administrative support in day-to-day communications with clients.
- Help to keep databases up-to-date.
- Assist in the organisation of events and meetings for clients.
- Provide policy briefs for high-level meetings.
Successful applicants should
- Have a keen interest in politics and current affairs. Have an interest and knowledge in a specific field such global health, fintech, digital currency space and digitalization is a plus.
- Have excellent planning and organizing skills with the ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Have a practical hands-on experience in UK politics (advantageous).
- Have a good understanding of working with WordPress and Social Media Tools, i.e. Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Be a team player with the ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
- Be based in London.
- University degree (or studying towards one) in global health, political science, international affairs, business administration, international law or social sciences.
- Exceptional research, writing and analytics skills, including the ability to synthesise information from different sources.
- Exceptional media content writing.
- Exceptional level of computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (other languages are a plus).
Job Type: 37.5hrs a week (5 days a week)
Start Date: Mid-October
Duration: 6 months
Salary: London living wage
To apply send a cover letter stating your interest in this role and a CV should be submitted via email by 3 October 2022 (12:00 BST) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sovereign Strategy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.