Vacancy Note: Senior Administrator & Events Coordinator
Location: London, 26 Bedford Square, WC1B 3HP
Are you known for your strong organisation skills? Do you enjoy building relationships, working collaboratively and developing an exciting culture in the workplace? Are you interested and experienced in the political domain? This might be the ideal role for you:
Sovereign Strategy, a Public Affairs Consultancy, offering bespoke advice to governments and some of the renown FTSE 100 businesses around the world, is looking for a Senior Office Administrator and Events Coordinator to join the London team.
The role is to assist the smooth running of the office and to assist the organisation of events. The role requires the post holder to have at least 5 years of working experience in a related role, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organisational skills, a professional manner for dealing with high profile clients and the diplomatic and coordination skills required in the management of a high performing office.
- Manage the day to day operations of the company’s Headquarters in London
- Provide administrative support for operations
- Conduct clerical duties, including filing, answering phone calls, responding to emails and preparing documents
- Manage the office administration and logistics and IT
- Perform accounting tasks, including invoicing, expenses and budget tracking
- Schedule meetings and travel arrangements for senior members of the company
- Manage the logistics and administration of events for clients or the management, ranging from small roundtables to 200 plus attendee conferences in London and if necessary, abroad and around the UK
- Assist and manage filing of data on internal systems
- Organise staff meetings and gatherings, and handle minutes and compile reporting post-event reports
- Ensure adherence to fire and health and safety regulations
- Provide dictation for the Senior Management of the company where needs in drafting letters to external stakeholders
- Previous working experience as an Office Administrator preferably in a political environment
- In-depth knowledge of office management
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills under being able to work under high pressure in fast paced environment
- Being adaptable and eager to learn about different client deliverables
- Marketing skills
- Experience in project management
- Good managerial and teamwork skills
- Miscellaneous tasks, as required, to support the Executive Chairman
- Appreciation and understanding of UK political environment
- Being flexible and able to work at various events
- At least 5 years’ experience in office management and events coordination roles
- A levels, BTEC or equivalent
- IT skills including Microsoft Office and event and email software
- Desired certificate in health and safety, human resources, or personnel management
Sovereign Strategy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Salary: Competitive salary dependent upon experience
Job Type: 37.5 hrs a week (5 days a week)
Start Day: Immediately
A Cover Letter stating your interest in this role and a CV should be submitted via email to email@example.com by 5pm on 15th January 2020.
All applications may take up to a week after the closing date to hear whether you have been selected for an interview. Please do not contact us with regards to the application process in the meantime.